The Nishi Building in Canberra is one of renown. Developed and managed by the Molonglo Group, it’s timber facade is one of the largest for a commercial high rise building in Australia.
HCT Floors was privileged to be included in the masterpiece, which has gone on to win numerous awards around the world.
Some fast facts & figures:
- 55,000Lm 70 x 35 Blackbutt Screening
- 15,000Lm 135 x 19 Blackbutt Ship-lap Cladding
- 3000Lm 140 x 45, 90 x 45 Blackbutt Trellice Timber
- 3000lm 140 x 35 Blackbutt Handrail
- 9000lm 70 x 35 Blackbutt Mid-rails.
A Grand Total of 85,000Lm of timber was installed to the external facade of the magnificent Nishi Building. The total weight of the timber material……250 tonnes in total.
4 years ago this month, Nishi was finally Complete. To this day, Nishi remains one of the most awarded buildings in ACT.
Need Screening or Cladding for your next project? Need help with your specifications? Give the team at HCT Floors a call…..1300 598 540